Tuesday 27 August 2013

Spring Breakers: Review slash Opinion

Being slow at everything basically, I only just got around watching Spring Breakers and I must say, what I saw was what I expected.
Just knowing it was Korine who's behind the directing told me that this wasn't going to be another slimy movie about slutty college girls enjoying their spring break a little too much the way it was made out to be (well, it was, but with a 'deeper meaning', apparently).
Srsly tho?
And surely... I've googled it right after I finished watching, finding out that shiz loads of people 'didn't get it' and thought 'it made no sense'. But surely that was the point of it. Spring Breakers tricked teenagers into seeing an art movie. Hence the mixed up scenes, repetitions and weird behaviour of characters.
I also think it sucked that Selena Gomez's character went home. I mean, it's good for the kids, but I think she wasn't the best choice of actor. The first grown up role should be softer and more innocent, but done to the maximum. And escalate from there. Like a minor role on Glee or Gossip girl (if it still existed *sob*).
Also, did you know the chick with pink hair is the director's wifey? Shiiaaattt. If I were a boy I'd be traumatized if I found a video of my other half flashing her boobs to the world, let alone allow it happen! Oh well, we're all different.
Selena was being babied, Rachel was the leader kind of character, Vanessa played the biggest slut and I cannot look at Ashley the same while watching PLL now #nohatetho
So what I found out: James Franco is a great actor. Harmony Korine has a really young wife. Two girls in yellow bikinis and neon head masks didn't get shot against many experienced gangsters. And Vanessa Hudgens does the worst ever sex noise (no hate tho, but seriously).
Finally, the rating from me would probably be two stars out of five. The movie didn't completely suck, but it didn't give me anything either. Either the message was so hidden that neither I nor anyone's comment I read on the net found it, or it was just that. Don't murder. Have fun - but not too much fun. Even drug dealing guys with guns and popcorn bitches have feelings. Meh. 
Where did 4 stars come from though? Lolwhut.

Still, it didn't stink as much as everyone says it does. If you're curious, watch it. If not, don't waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment