Sunday 18 November 2012

Dear It Girl, my boyfriend makes me feel guilty...

Q - I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 5 months now. A few weeks ago, he did something to me that I told him I'd never forgive (at a party). I went home and he came to my house a while later. We talked and we shouted, and when I said it's over, he started crying. Like real tears, and loud! I never seen anyone cry so much! So i said he has one last chance.
He treated me really nice but then the same thing happened: he done something, i tried to break up with him, and he cried.
I feel so giulty and it break my heart to see him cry. i hate seeing people cry. But I just don't want to be with him anymore. But I cant let him go, it breaks my heart!
May,18

A - By being with him, you're breaking your own heart. It might be tough, but you need to end this before he hurts you again - and maybe more.. 
This will also help you - you'll learn how to be tougher with people, not a doormat. Being with this guy will only lead him on and make you depressed. What he's doing is playing with you. His tears are real, but everyone's upset a break-up - some people just control themselves, and he lets it all out, maybe using it against you.
Tell him on the phone that you have to talk - preferably meet in public, so that he can't throw a tantrum. Tell him straight and simply that it's over - watch Youtube vids for advice, as silly as it sounds! He will be upset, but not forever. It's not your fault, anyway. You can't be with someone you don't love that way! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment