Sunday 2 December 2012

Dear It Girl, I've no money for Xmas..

Q - I'm sick of people shopping! My family isn't very rich, and Im not complaining. My parents do everything they can and I know there are people out there who don't even have a clue its Xmas. But this is what bugs and worries me - I have to get a gift for this chick in school (we did this thing called secret santa, where you have to pick someones name out of a hat, there's 12 of us in out group) and my friends agreed that the gifts must be worth £10-20! Like, seriously? I barely have that money for my family (I have £22 in my piggy bank right now, lol)!! Helpppp?!
PS: There's my parents, and an older bro in my fam
Lucy, 15


A - I'm so glad you told me this! Here at my blog, I respect and understand those who can't afford to give expensive gifts and shop for X-mas shit like extra decorations.
Christmas isn't just about spending money. It shouldn't make you feel like that. You say you have about 22 quid? Perfect, no problem!

Get your Mum a nice bath bomb from Lush or a pair or earrings - there's plenty of nice ones for a cheap price on the market, you just have to look! Spend about £3.50

For your Dad, something like a shower gel and socks are a classic. Maybe something useful that he needs right now, like a hat, a set of pens and notebooks, or an after-shave gel. Spend about £3.50

Your bro might find good use of some new headphones, gloves, a poster, or some shower stuff. Who cares, brothes aren't fussy! Spend about £5


And finally, for your mate, don't go over a fiver. Pick up a cute nailpolish, a bath bomb, maybe a lipgloss. Or H&M have awesome body fragrances for about £3. Grab a nail varnish with it and voila! She can't be too fussy. Anyway, it will be a 'Secret' Santa, won't it? She'll never know. If she doesn't like it, who cares! She can't say anything and should be grateful for anything she gets!

x
If any of you have a money problem, Christmas or no Christmas, write to me for advice or a boost :) Money isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment