Saturday 3 November 2012

Dear It Girl, my parents are blocking my dreams!

Q - Ever since I was little, I wanted to star in adverts on the TV - I mean, easy money, right? Now I'm 17 and I'd love to be a model. I entered many magazine competitions, and never seemed to get chosen - after all, I don't have the classic model looks. I'm petite and plump - however, people tell me I'm really pretty. A month ago, I got offered a contract for catalog modelling! My parents said no way, and I need their signature! The offer has expired now, but I'm sure I'll get others. They're so controlling and I'm 18 in like ages, what can I do? 

A - I suggest you wait. Simple. You said it, you're 18 in ages, but less than a year can't be that long. I mean, patience, grace and hard work is the key to success. 
I know you might not like to hear this, but what else can you do. It's not like you can forge their signature. Some people wait a life sentence to get what they want. 
The other thing you can do is model - for yourself! Create a blog, dress up and shoot. Fashion blogs can lead to fans, which gets you noticed, which may lead to modeling contracts - and not just for a catalog, ever heard of highly valued fashion magazines?

One of my favourite fashion bloggers, curvygirlchic.com,  has scored a whole
page dedicated to her in Seventeen magazine this month!  She's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment